By Nancy Este, RNCP
2 large zucchini, grated
2 TBSP coconut flour
¼ cup purple onion, finely diced
¼ TSP pink himalayan sea salt
1/8 TSP fresh black pepper
3 TBSP Coconut oil for cooking
- Grate zucchini and season with sea salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. The salt will begin to draw some of the water out of the zucchini.
- With one handful at a time, take grated zucchini into palms of hands and squeeze out the water. You may need to press a few times. Continue until all zucchini has been pressed removing excess water. Move to a medium bowl.
- Add egg, coconut flour, onion and season with black pepper.
- Mix ingredients together using hands until all flour has been combined. Allow to rest for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb any excess water.
- Form patties using your hands and rest on paper towel lined plate.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high. Cook patties for 3 minutes and gently flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or tzatziki sauce.